WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE!
NEWS OF CLASSES
NEW BEGINNERS AND IMPROVERS CLASSES START IN SEPTEMBER AT MARTLESHAM ON THURSDAY MORNINGS.
DETAILS ARE ON THE 2019 - 20 CLASSES PAGE, PLEASE USE THE CONTACT PAGE TO MAKE ENQUIRIES AND TO BOOK A PLACE.
DETAILS FOR ALL CLASSES STARTING IN SEPTEMBER 2019 ARE ON THE 2019 - 20 CLASSES PAGE.
SUMMER PLAY sessions on Thursday mornings (10am-12.30pm) this Summer at Martlesham commence on 20th June, after the delayed completion of courses (as a result of the use of the Richard's Room as a polling station.)
Details of all the current year classes are here.
BRIDGE: the game you never regret learning!
Playing Bridge is something that anyone can do; it is a sociable and enjoyable pastime, and can be as challenging or fun as you want it to be.
Bridge is a game that has developed for well over a century, and by now the methods of play are well established and refined. The best way to learn these methods, and thereby get the most enjoyment from the game, is through classes run by an experienced player and teacher of the game. Attending classes also provide the opportunity to make new friends, and many friendships have begun through learning the game.
I have taught people to play Bridge for almost 25 years, and before that played competitively, winning competitions up to County level.
My Bridge Classes to learn to play Bridge, or to improve your game.
- My Beginners class starts each September, on Thursday mornings - no previous knowledge is required. The course continue for two further terms finishing around the end of May.
- My Improvers class also starts each September on Thursday mornings. This is suitable for new students who have completed a Beginners class, and also as a refresher for any bridge player wishing to Improve their game.
- Supervised Play classes combine tutorials and practice hands with random deals, with bidding and play reviewed at each table for each hand. These are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, and Thursday afternoons. Suitable for players who wish to consilidate and develop their game after and Improvers course, and for experienced players.
- For students to keep up their playing, 'Summer Play' practice sessions take place through the summer after conclusion of Beginners and Improvers classes.
- I run a weekly Duplicate Bridge at Ufford on Friday mornings for students to improve their game and enjoy friendly competitive bridge. I use computer dealt true random hands to give everyone some good cards every week, and I score the session before you leave. The hands and scores are uploaded to the website afterwards. See the Ufford Duplicate page for more details.
For details of NEW CLASSES for Beginners and Improvers starting in SEPTEMBER 2019, and also for Supervised Play classes, see the 2019 - 20 CLASSES page.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO
- make an enquiry about any class or bridge session,
- or would like to enrol, or go on the waiting list for a class,
then please get in touch using the Contact page.