WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE!
NEWS OF CLASSES
I HAVE RELUCTANTLY POSTPONED THE NEXT BEGINNERS AND IMPROVERS COURSES DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC RESTRICTIONS AND DIFFICULTIES WITH ENSURING THE SAFETY OF PARTICIPANTS. SUPERVISED PLAY GROUPS NORMALLY MEETING AT UFFORD AND MARTLESHAM ARE ALSO SUSPENDED, BUT ARE CONTINUING ONLINE.
THE SCHEDULE FOR MY NORMAL CLASSES IS HERE, AND I WILL UPDATE IT TO REFLECT MY PLANS FOR CLASES.
IF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A PLACE ON ANY CLASS IN THE FUTURE THEN PLEASE USE THE CONTACT PAGE TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY.
ONLINE CLASSES AND FRIDAY DUPLICATE
WHILST ALL CLASSES AND BRIDGE GROUPS AT MARTLESHAM AND UFFORD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED, I AM PRESENTLY RUNNING FRIDAY DUPLICATE AND SUPERVISED PLAY CLASSES ONLINE FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO CONTINUE PLAYING.
I LOOK FORWARD TO RECOMMENCING ALL GROUPS AT MARTLESHAM AND UFFORD WHEN THE SITUATION ALLOWS.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING ANY CLASS IN THE FUTURE CAN STILL REGISTER THEIR INTEREST AND BE KEPT INFORMED OF ANY NEWS REGARDING THE COMMENCEMENT OF CLASSES.
I HOPE ALL MEMBERS OF MY BRIDGE GROUPS PAST AND PRESENT STAY SAFE FROM THE PRESENT EPIDEMIC.
BRIDGE: the game you never regret learning!
Playing Bridge is something that anyone can do; it is a sociable and enjoyable pastime, and can be as challenging or fun as you want it to be.
Bridge is a game that has developed for well over a century, and by now the methods of play are well established and refined. The best way to learn these methods, and thereby get the most enjoyment from the game, is through classes run by an experienced player and teacher of the game. Attending classes also provide the opportunity to make new friends, and many friendships have begun through learning the game.
I have taught people to play Bridge for almost 25 years, and before that played competitively, winning competitions up to County level.
My Bridge Classes to learn to play Bridge, or to improve your game.
- My Beginners class starts each September, on Thursday mornings - no previous knowledge is required. The course continue for two further terms finishing around the end of May.
- My Improvers class also starts each September on Thursday mornings. This is suitable for new students who have completed a Beginners class, and also as a refresher for any bridge player wishing to Improve their game.
- Supervised Play classes combine tutorials and practice hands with random deals, with bidding and play reviewed at each table for each hand. These are on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, and Thursday afternoons. Suitable for players who wish to consilidate and develop their game after and Improvers course, and for experienced players.
- For students to keep up their playing, 'Summer Play' practice sessions take place through the summer after conclusion of Beginners and Improvers classes.
- I run a weekly Duplicate Bridge at Ufford on Friday mornings for students to improve their game and enjoy friendly competitive bridge. I use computer dealt true random hands to give everyone some good cards every week, and I score the session before you leave. The hands and scores are uploaded to the website afterwards. See the Ufford Duplicate page for more details.
For details of my normal schedule of classes at Ufford and Martlesham, please see my 2020 Classes page.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO
- make an enquiry about any class or bridge session,
- or would like to enrol, or go on the waiting list for a class,
then please get in touch using the Contact page.